Principal benefits to be gained by members from LMA initiatives
Below are just some of the benefits that members gain by being an LMA member:
- More efficient execution of primary and secondary loan business
- Increased liquidity in both the primary and secondary loan markets
- Ability to manage loan portfolios more efficiently and effectively
- Reduced costs by virtue of a collective approach to issues
- Timely exchange of views and circulation of topical information
- Use of an extensive library of recommended form documentation
- Participation in the LMA's Education and Events Programme
- Opportunity to participate in addressing issues and solving problems
- Access to members' only area of the LMA website
Further information on some of the benefits received are detailed below:
Access to members' only area of the LMA website with dedicated microsites for Brexit, LIBOR, developing markets, loan operations, real estate finance and sustainable lending.
This area provides a wealth of valuable information to market practitioners, including LMA recommended form documentation and market guidelines; the latest legal and regulatory news and regulatory submissions by the LMA; LMA newsletters, books and guides; market statistics and reports provided by a range of data providers; presentations from UK and overseas conferences; and access to training on demand.
Participation in LMA working parties
Volunteers from the market have an essential role to play in ensuring that the LMA addresses issues of genuine relevance to the syndicated loan market throughout EMEA. As part of this process, from time to time, we establish both committees and working parties. These are formed to facilitate the production of new recommended forms of documentation, to assist with lobbying activities or to discuss any other pertinent issues impacting the loan market. LMA members are eligible, by invitation, to join any committee and/or working party set up by us and will be contacted directly should such an opportunity arise.
As the industry's official trade body, we are the ideal training provider for what is an increasingly technical market. Prior to the pandemic, in the preceding three years, 25,000 delegates participated in the LMA's events programme, which is a testament to the high standards of education we offer our members.