News & Publications
We endeavour to keep our members informed about the initiatives and projects that we are working on via a monthly update digital newsletter covering all areas of activity, and more targeted monthly digital newsletters for ESG and LIBOR. We also regularly post on our LinkedIn account, which you can follow here, and issues press releases on important annoucements.
We also produce a range of guides and books to broaden our members' understanding of different aspects of the loan market.
To subscribe to our various e-communications, please access your personal profile and amend your subscriptions.
As part of our new sustainability drive, all our guides are available in digital format only.
Loan Market Update: Interview with Reinhard Haas at Commerzbank
In the third of a series of interviews with senior market practitioners, we speak to Reinhard Haas, Global Head Syndicated Finance at Commerzbank. We asked him:
- What have been the main challenges for the market this year?
- What impact are rising energy prices and potential shortages over the winter having on the syndicated loan market?
- What do you see as the main potential areas of growth in the syndicated loan market in 2023?
- How focused are borrowers and lenders on US$ Libor transition, and how successful is the transition of legacy deals so far?
LMA publishes model provisions for sustainability-linked loans
On 4 May 2023, we published model provisions for sustainability-linked loans (SLLs). These model provisions look to provide a proposed form of draft SLL provisions for inserting into LMA loan documentation, which are aligned with our Sustainability-Linked Loan Principles and accompanying Guidance notes.
Put together by an experienced working party of financial institutions and law firms active in sustainable finance, these model provisions seek to reflect current market practice, and provide a vital tool to protect the integrity of the SLL market by providing a basic drafting framework to assist parties in the negotiation of the document. The model provisions also include extensive drafting notes setting out points for parties to consider when undertaking a SLL transaction.
SSA Update: Interview with Miranda Abraham
In the fourth of a series of interviews with senior market practitioners, Amelia Slocombe, Head of Legal at the LMA, speaks to Miranda Abraham, Co-Head Loan Syndications at RMB. We ask her:
- What are the types of financings you have seen over the last 12 months and how you expect this to evolve during the course of 2023?
- Is the SSA market now catching up with other jurisdictions with regards to sustainable finance and ESG? What are some of the challenges in this regard?
- How focused are SSA borrowers and lenders on US$ Libor transition, and how successfully is the market transitioning?