Promoting growth and innovation in the sustainable and green lending markets
Sustainability is increasingly at the forefront of strategic planning. We are dedicated to promoting growth and innovation in the sustainable and green lending markets, and invite you to join with us in this global project. Our current initiatives include:
- standardisation of various documentation and clauses to support ESG market;
- developing standard set of material disclosure topics in conjunction with ELFA and the UN PRI;
- supporting Green Finance Institute in identifying the role of finance in the retrofitting and development of low-carbon UK homes;
- assisting the drafting of ISO's standards on green debt instruments; and
- participating in various ICMA working groups.
LMA announces release of second module in new e-learning series on ESG issues and sustainable finance products
The LMA is pleased to announce the release of the second module in its three part series of e-learning modules focussing on ESG issues and sustainable finance products. The second module, 'Paving the Way for Sustainability', seeks to provide an insight into sustainability and its integration into mainstream finance, including the emergence of dedicated sustainable finance products as well as an overview of the Sustainability Linked Loan Principles.
On 8 November we launched the latest edition of our ESG Monthly Newsletter, which includes a video round-up of the latest ESG news from the LMA and across the market by Elliot Slater, together with the following:
- What's Trending Now
- What's Your View?
- Virtual Events & Education
- Legal & Regulatory News
We, together with the APLMA and LSTA, have published a newly updated 'Sustainable Lending Glossary of Terms', which seeks to promote the development, and use, of a common language surrounding sustainable lending across the globe. The evolving integration of sustainability into financial markets has paved the way for an expanded financial vocabulary and the updated document incorporates newly coined terms into the glossary.