Promoting growth and innovation in the sustainable and green lending markets
Sustainability is increasingly at the forefront of strategic planning. We are dedicated to promoting growth and innovation in the sustainable and green lending markets, and invite you to join with us in this global project. Our current initiatives include:
- standardisation of various documentation and clauses to support ESG market;
- developing standard set of material disclosure topics in conjunction with ELFA and the UN PRI;
- supporting Green Finance Institute in identifying the role of finance in the retrofitting and development of low-carbon UK homes;
- assisting the drafting of ISO's standards on green debt instruments; and
- participating in various ICMA working groups.
On 19 January 2021, the LMA jointly published a Guide for Company Advisers to ESG Disclosure in Leveraged Finance Transactions (the Guide) with the European Leveraged Finance Association (ELFA).