Promoting growth and innovation in the sustainable and green lending markets
Sustainability is increasingly at the forefront of strategic planning. We are dedicated to promoting growth and innovation in the sustainable and green lending markets, and invite you to join with us in this global project. Our current initiatives include:
- standardisation of various documentation and clauses to support ESG market;
- developing standard set of material disclosure topics in conjunction with ELFA and the UN PRI;
- supporting Green Finance Institute in identifying the role of finance in the retrofitting and development of low-carbon UK homes;
- assisting the drafting of ISO's standards on green debt instruments; and
- participating in various ICMA working groups.
On 8 April we launched the latest edition of our ESG Monthly Newsletter, which includes a video round-up of LMA activity in the ESG space by Hannah Vanstone, together with the following:
- What's Trending Now
- What's Your View?
- Documentation Update
- Virtual Events
- Legal & Regulatory News
On 7 April 2021, the LMA and the ELFA published an insights report entitled 'Are ESG margin ratchets saving the planet, or saving borrowers money?'. The insights report covers the current state of ESG-linked provisions in the leveraged finance market, as well as looking at how the industry can respond and details of next steps, and how to get involved.
European Banking Authority Proposes Green Asset Ratio as Key Performance Indicator for Banks under EU’s Sustainable Disclosure Requirements
On March 1 2021, the European Banking Authority published advice to the European Commission on the disclosure requirement on environmentally sustainable activities in accordance with Article 8 of the Taxonomy Regulation.
This Legal Update by Mayer Brown provides further detail.