Promoting growth and innovation in the sustainable and green lending markets
Sustainability is increasingly at the forefront of strategic planning. We are dedicated to promoting growth and innovation in the sustainable and green lending markets, and invite you to join with us in this global project. Our current initiatives include:
- standardisation of various documentation and clauses to support ESG market;
- developing standard set of material disclosure topics in conjunction with ELFA and the UN PRI;
- supporting Green Finance Institute in identifying the role of finance in the retrofitting and development of low-carbon UK homes;
- assisting the drafting of ISO's standards on green debt instruments; and
- participating in various ICMA working groups.
On 10 September we launched the latest edition of our ESG Monthly Newsletter, which includes a video round-up of LMA activity in the ESG space by Hannah Vanstone, together with the following:
- What's Trending Now
- What's Your View?
- Virtual Events
- Legal & Regulatory News
We, together with the APLMA and LSTA, have published a newly updated 'Sustainable Lending Glossary of Terms', which seeks to promote the development, and use, of a common language surrounding sustainable lending across the globe. The evolving integration of sustainability into financial markets has paved the way for an expanded financial vocabulary and the updated document incorporates newly coined terms into the glossary.
We are delighted to announce the publication of our best practice guidance to Sustainability Linked Leveraged Loans, produced in conjunction with the European Leveraged Finance Association. This Guide provides practical guidance as to the application of the Sustainability Linked Loan Principles (SLLP) to leveraged loans (known as Sustainability Linked Leveraged Loans), setting out what borrowers, finance parties and their respective advisors should consider when looking to integrate sustainability factors into their loan agreements.