LMA Website Cookies Policy
Last updated: 16 August 2018
This notice was last updated on the above date and may be amended from time to time, so please do check for any amendments. Any significant changes to this notice will be clearly indicated on the homepage of the www.lma.eu.com website ("LMA Website").
When you visit the LMA Website, cookies are used to collect and store information. Using these cookies allows us to provide you with increased website functionality and personalisation.
To ensure that you can make
full use of the LMA Website, your browser will need to be set up to accept
cookies. A cookie is a file of letters and numbers that we put on your computer
when you access the LMA Website and which allows us to distinguish you from
other users. Our cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate
between pages efficiently or remembering your preferences – they are solely intended
to improve your user-experience.
Types of cookie
- Persistent cookies – these will be erased from your device after a predefined period of time; each persistent cookie will only be activated when you visit the LMA Website.
- Session cookies – these are temporary and are erased each time you close your web browser; each session cookie provides useful information about your use of the LMA Website.
Cookies may also be "first" or "third" party. First party cookies are those which are set by the LMA Website you are visiting, third party cookies are set by a website other than the one you are visiting. All cookies used by the LMA Website are first party cookies.
Broadly speaking, cookies serve four functions:
- Strictly necessary cookies – these allow you to navigate the LMA Website and use its basic features; they do not gather information on your browsing habits. If these were disabled we would not be able to provide you with services such as those which allow you to login and access the "members only" sections of the LMA Website.
- Performance cookies – these collect data on how you navigate the LMA Website and use its features; they do not gather personal data and are used only to provide us with information that we can use to improve your user experience. These cookies help us to understand how you use the LMA Website by telling us, for example, whether you have visited the LMA Website before and which pages you access.
- Functionality cookies – these allow you to personalise your experience of the LMA Website by, for example, remembering your login details and preferences each time you visit. These cookies may collect personal data, such as email addresses. Please read the LMA Data Protection Privacy Notice to learn more about how we handle your personal data.
- Advertising cookies – these are used to gather information that can be used to deliver interest-based advertising. The LMA Website does not use any advertising cookies.
Controlling your cookies
Most browsers are set to
accept cookies automatically, but these settings can be changed to erase
cookies or to ensure you are asked each time a website wants to place a cookie
on your device. You can adjust your browser settings to alter how your browser
deals with cookies; for example, you can set your browser to block third party
cookies or cookies from particular sites, to accept all cookies, to notify you
when a cookie is issued or to reject all cookies.
You should be aware that if you erase cookies or otherwise change your browser's cookie settings you may not be able to use the LMA Website as intended; some core functionality may be lost (i.e. access to "members only" areas or the ability to book events) and any saved preferences will be lost. For these reasons, we do not recommend that you erase or otherwise turn off cookies when visiting the LMA Website.
Cookies used by the LMA Website
is a first party functionality cookie which is activated by clicking on the
"Remember Me" checkbox next to the member login. It allows you to
login without having to fill out your username and password every time. It is
provided by the LMA Website. This cookie is a persistent cookie and expires
after one year.
This is a first party performance cookie used to distinguish users from one another. It assigns you a randomly generated number to act as an anonymous identifier. It is provided by Google Analytics. This cookie is a persistent cookie and expires after one day.
is a first party performance cookie used to distinguish users from one another.
It assigns you a randomly generated number to act as an anonymous identifier. It
is provided by
Google Analytics. This cookie is a
persistent cookie and expires after two years.
is a first party strictly necessary cookie associated with using Google Tag
Manager to enable the loading of Google Analytics scripts onto a webpage as you
use it. It is provided by
Google. This cookie is a session cookie and will expire when
you close your browser.
are first party performance cookies provided by
Smartlook. They track your use of the LMA Website,
allowing us to analyse and improve your experience. These cookies do not track
or record any personal data. These are persistent cookies which expire after
is a first party strictly necessary cookie which enables you to properly use
the LMA Website. Without this cookie, many aspects of the LMA Website
functionality will not work. This cookie is a session cookie and will expire
when you close your browser.
are first party functionality cookies which are required to allow data from our
3si relationship management system to integrate with the LMA Website. As well
as allowing you to navigate the "members only" areas of the LMA
Website, they allow you to make event bookings and to register with the LMA.
They are provided by the LMA Website. These cookies are session cookies and
will expire when you close your browser.
Further information about cookies
If you wish to learn more about cookies in general and
how to manage them, please visit
Transfer of cookie information to third parties
Information collected via certain cookies on the LMA Website is made available to our web-developers at Servon Design, who are responsible for providing technical support to the LMA Website and improving its functionality and ease of use. Servon Design use this technical information to gain insight into users' experience of the LMA Website (helping them to make further improvements) as well as to allow them to identify, understand and remedy any issues which may negatively impact website functionality and ease of use.