Access to LMA REF Documentation
Facilitating greater efficiency and standardisation in the Real Estate Finance market
Real Estate Finance
Our aim in the REF sector is fivefold:
- to bring about increased efficiencies and standardisation in the European REF market via the publication of recommended forms of REF documentation;
- to highlight the legal and regulatory issues in the REF sector which have the potential to impact members working in this market;
- to discuss any challenges (legal or otherwise) affecting the REF market and to lobby key decision-makers, where necessary, in an attempt to bring about constructive change;
- to provide a series of dedicated events specifically aimed at participants working in the REF market, to assist them in furthering their knowledge of the sector generally and also in understanding our real estate documentation; and
- to consider ways to improve liquidity and facilitate investment in the REF sector, by encouraging new investors to the market.
New guidance documents released highlighting potential applications of the GLP in the real estate context
This panel session led by John Coburn of Allen & Overy explores some of the latest market trends within the real estate finance market, including the impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic and the increasing focus on sustainability within the market. The panel includes Arron Taggart, Head of UK Investment at Cheyne Capital Management (UK) LLP, Dr Ralf Verwiebe, Vice President at Helaba and Sharon Quinlan, Head of Corporate Real Estate at HSBC UK Plc.