- 21 February 2024CDOR transition – Upcoming events being held by Bank of Canada / CARR
With only 4 months to go until the cessation of CDOR, the LMA would like to invite members to two events being hosted by the Bank of Canada on the CDOR transition.
29 February, PwC/CARR live webinar on the CDOR transition (4:00pm GMT)
This session will be focused on lending and hedging, as well as the transition away from the Bankers’ Acceptance market. For more information and to access the live event, please register with PwC at https://event.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp?ei=1653571&tp_key=3ea818391d.
12 March, CDOR will end in less than 4 months: How financial markets are adapting to CORRA (in-person event)
The High Commission of Canada in the UK, in partnership with TMX and in collaboration with the CARR, will be hosting a panel discussion with industry experts including the CARR co-chairs, on the current transition from CDOR to CORRA.
Event details: 12 March 2024, 16:00 - 18:00 GMT, Canada House, Trafalgar Square, London SW1Y 5BJ
To register, please send your RSVP to email@example.com.
- 01 February 2024Strengthening EURIBOR fallbacks - LMA publishes updated Term €STR exposure draft and German law investment grade document
We have been part of the Euro RFR Working Group and have worked with the Group on strengthening fallbacks to EURIBOR.
On 1 February 2024, we published an updated version of our term €STR fallback exposure draft and related commentary following market feedback. As feedback received was generally supportive of the exposure draft, there have been no major changes. However, given the lack of market practice in the use of term €STR fallbacks, the LMA has not yet moved this document to recommended form. As a result, we need members to provide us with ongoing feedback from the provisions being used on transactions.
We have also updated the existing form of German law investment grade documentation to include a switch to compounded €STR upon a permanent cessation or non-representativeness of EURIBOR.
- 02 November 2023LMA publishes South African law revised replacement of screen rate language to assist with JIBAR transition
We are pleased to have published a user guide and revised recommended form of replacement of screen rate clause for the LMA’s South African law documents (“SA revised replacement of screen rate clause”). The SA revised replacement of screen rate clause is based on the LMA’s existing 2018 revised replacement of screen rate clause (as updated) produced in the context of LIBOR transition. However, it also has regard to the work of the MPG on sample reference language for bilateral loans and reflects specifics of the South African market and JIBAR transition. In order to provide additional context, there are footnotes explaining any differences in the LMA clause and the MPG sample clause.
- 31 October 2023LMA publishes updated CORRA Schedule and updated compounded TONA Schedule
We have published an updated CORRA Schedule which provides drafting for term CORRA in addition to compounded CORRA. Further, we have updated both our CORRA Schedule and TONA Schedule to reflect the updated definition of the “Daily Rate” in the updated IG compounded rate documents to provide for an interim fallback to a historic rate (prior to the application of a central bank rate plus any adjustment spread). This addresses what is sometimes referred to as the “Good Friday issue”.
- 26 October 2023LMA publishes exposure draft term €STR rate switch document for member feedback and updated IG compounded rate documentation
We are pleased to have published an exposure draft multicurrency term and revolving facilities agreement which incorporates term €STR fallbacks from EURIBOR. This is accompanied by a cover note providing a high-level summary of the fallback provisions set out in the document, and a separate commentary providing further detail of the provisions. Today, we have also published updated versions of our investment grade compounded rate facilities agreements, along with updated versions of the related term sheets and commentaries.
- 26 July 2023LMA.Automate Launches Bilateral Facility Agreement
LMA.Automate is delighted to have produced a new bilateral facility agreement, which has been made available to all subscribers on the platform. We believe this new template, being the first of its kind, will have a broad and compelling use case for all LMA.Automate subscribers, whether lenders or law firms.
- 25 May 2023LMA updates exposure draft term SOFR documentation to recommended form
We are pleased to have published our exposure draft term SOFR documentation as recommended form. The related term SOFR commentary has also been updated. The move to recommended form follows the increasing use in the market of the term SOFR provisions in the exposure drafts, market feedback received, the length of time since publication of the exposure drafts and the impending end-June 2023 deadline for US dollar LIBOR transition.
- 31 March 2023LMA publishes note on LMA facility documentation and the recommendations by the Euro Working Group on EURIBOR fallbacks
The LMA is pleased to have published a note focusing on LMA facility documentation and the recommendations published by the working group on euro risk-free rates on EURIBOR fallback trigger events and €STR-based EURIBOR fallback rates (Euro WG Recommendations). Particularly, the note outlines the current approach taken to the Euro WG Recommendations in the LMA's recommended forms of English law multicurrency facility documentation which reference risk-free reference rates from the outset and aims to help market participants understand how they can use existing LMA RFR documentation to implement robust fallbacks to EURIBOR.
- 28 February 2023LMA publishes compounded CORRA schedule
We are pleased to have published a schedule for compounded in-arrear CORRA. This has been produced in response to demand from some participants in the syndicated lending market to provide a suggested form of drafting for use of compounded in-arrear CORRA in conjunction with the structure for use of compounded in-arrear risk-free reference rates contained in the LMA's existing compounded rate facilities agreements. As it is designed to work with the structure in the compounded rate facilities agreement, the schedule is largely technical in nature and follows the form of the other currency schedules already contained in the compounded rate facilities agreements.
- 12 October 2022LMA publishes new and updated exposure draft term SOFR documentation for investment grade and developing markets
The LMA is pleased to have published a new exposure draft multicurrency term and revolving facilities agreement incorporating term SOFR (the IG Term SOFR Exposure Draft). The LMA has also released an updated expsoure draft single currency term and revolving facilities agreement incorporating term SOFR for use in developing markets jurisdictions, alongside an updated commentary (the Term SOFR Commentary), to reflect the IG Term SOFR Exposure Draft.
- 01 September 2022LMA publishes risk-free rate version of senior single currency term facility agreement for real estate finance multiproperty investment transactions (senior/mezzanine) with/without observation shift
The LMA is pleased to announce the publication of an updated version of its senior single currency term facility agreement for real estate finance multiproperty investment transactions (senior/mezzanine) which envisages the use of risk-free rates from the outset. A mark-up against the previous LIBOR referencing document has also been published at the same time so that members can see the changes that have been made.
- 18 February 2022LMA publishes revised Trade Confirmations for Secondary Trading
The LMA is pleased to have published revised Trade Confirmations with an effective date of 18 February 2022. The revised Trade Confirmations incorporate amended wording in Other Terms of Trade tick-boxes for the exclusion of CAS and inclusion of zero floor options where Delayed Settlement Compensation applies. The revised Trade Confirmations (and amended wording for the tick-boxes) has not changed the position on these commercial issues and whether or not they apply to a particular trade must continue to be agreed by the parties at the time of trade. The Standard Terms & Conditions dated 4 January 2022 also remain unchanged.
- 21 January 2022LMA publishes compounded TONA schedule, the French language version of the RFR French law document, an updated designated entity clause and updated RFR destination table
The LMA is pleased to have published further documentation to assist the market with the transition to RFRs including a compounded TONA schedule, the French language version of the RFR French law document, an updated designated entity clause and updated RFR destination table.
- 22 December 2021LMA publishes RFR Destination Table and RFR versions of its German, Spanish and French law documentation
The LMA has published its RFR Destination Table, which is intended to assist members in identifying the LMA RFR-referencing document which is most directly comparable to any given LMA LIBOR-referencing document. Where there is no direct equivalent, the table sets out the RFR-referencing document(s) which is/are most closely related and may be most helpful. The LMA has also published versions of the existing suite of German, Spanish and French law investment grade documentation based on compounded RFRs from the outset in place of LIBOR along with accompanying updated user guides.
- 15 December 2021LMA publishes leveraged RFR suite of documentation and updated compounded rate facilities commentary to assist the market with LIBOR transition
The LMA has published versions of the existing suite of leveraged documentation, including facility and intercreditor agreements, based on compounded RFRs from the outset. Each facility agreement provides the option for users to select observation shift or not (rather than two versions being produced of each agreement). The commentary to the LMA compounded rate facilities agreements has also been updated.
- 27 October 2021LMA publishes term SOFR exposure draft and commentary for use in developing markets
The LMA is pleased to have published an exposure draft single currency term and revolving facilities agreement incorporating term SOFR for use in developing markets jurisdictions alongside a commentary.
- 03 August 2021LMA publishes practical guidance for the documentary amendment process when transitioning legacy LIBOR facilities
The LMA is pleased to have published a note providing practical guidance for the documentary amendment process for parties transitioning legacy LIBOR syndicated loan facilities to compounded risk-free reference rates (RFRs).
- 28 July 2021Revised version of Single Currency Term Facility Agreement for Real Estate Finance Multiproperty Investment Transactions with/without Observation Shift
Following publication on 19 July 2021, the LMA has today published a revised version of its Single Currency Term Facility Agreement for Real Estate Finance Multiproperty Investment Transactions with/without Observation Shift (the REF RFR Facility Agreement).
- 19 July 2021LMA publishes further RFR documentation to assist the market with LIBOR transition
The LMA is pleased to have published a real estate finance facility agreement for investment property transactions to facilitate the syndicated loan market in transitioning away from the use of LIBOR to compounded risk-free rates ("RFRs").
- 22 June 2021LMA Publishes Exposure Draft Trade Confirmations
The LMA is pleased to have published Exposure Drafts of LMA Trade Confirmation (Claims) and LMA Trade Confirmation (Risk Participation).
- 11 June 2021LMA publishes Exposure Draft of Standard Terms and Conditions for secondary debt trading together with accompanying documentation to assist the secondary loan market with LIBOR transition
The LMA is pleased to have published an Exposure Draft of its Standard Terms and Conditions for secondary debt trading (the 'Exposure Draft') together with an accompanying Explanatory Note and updated Trade Confirmation (Bank Debt). The Exposure Draft, Explanatory Note and updated Trade Confirmation have been produced after engagement and feedback from market participants to facilitate secondary loan market trading as the syndicated loan market transitions away from the use of LIBOR to compounded risk-free rates.
- 04 June 2021LMA publishes updated reference rate selection agreement for use in legacy transactions
The LMA is pleased to have published today an updated version of the reference rate selection agreement for use in legacy transactions transitioning from LIBOR to risk-free rates. The reference rate selection agreement has also been published as a recommended form following a process of market feedback (which has been open since October 2019).
- 28 May 2021LMA publishes further RFR documentation to assist the market with LIBOR transition
The LMA is pleased to have published a further suite of documentation to facilitate the syndicated loan market in transitioning away from the use of LIBOR to compounded risk-free rates ("RFRs").
- 30 March 2021LMA updates exposure draft RFR documentation to recommended forms and publishes single currency RFR facilities agreements
The LMA is pleased to have published its exposure draft RFR documentation as recommended forms. The documentation has also been updated to reflect, amongst other things, the recent updates to the £RFR Working Group's conventions supporting materials. The LMA has also published two new recommended form single currency RFR facilities agreements and updated the RFR Terms and notes outlining LIBOR transition considerations for the LMA's wider suite of documentation.
- 26 March 2021LMA publishes considerations note in respect of the use of forward-looking term SONIA reference rates
The LMA is pleased to announce the publication of a note outlining considerations for market participants relating to the use of forward-looking term SONIA reference rates ("TSRRs").