LMA & LSTA Conference
Wednesday, 30 March 2022, 9.15 to 17.00, followed by a networking drinks reception
Allen & Overy, One Bishops Square, London E1 6AD
Edit Details Area
We were delighted to have hosted our first conference of 2022 on Wednesday 30th March jointly with the LSTA at Allen & Overy's offices in Bishopsgate.
We held our first face-to-face conference of 2022 in London on 30 March jointly with the LSTA. This joint conference was hugely popular and we were delighted that it was one of the first physical events we held this year. Having attracted senior and middle management professionals that work in the UK, Europe and US, it was an ideal opportunity to discuss some of the key challenges and opportunities that faced the syndicated loan market.
The programme explored the latest market trends and legal developments on either side of the Atlantic with some of the most respected and senior professionals in the industry speaking.
Topics this year included:
- Global Economic Outlook
- UK and US loan market: trends and insights
- Growth of direct lending
- ESG disclosure - can the loan market get what it needs?
- Is disorder the new normal? Geopolitics and the loan market in 2022
- Developments in sustainable finance
- The LIBOR wind-down – smooth sailing or bumps in the road?
- Regulatory update
Below is a recording of the LIBOR wind-down: smooth sailing or bumps in the road?
Click here to access the conference write up.
Edit Details Area Members Only
Edit Agenda Area Left
Breakfast and registration
Welcome & opening remarks
Chair : Clare Dawson, Chief Executive - LMA
Bridget Marsh, Executive Vice President, General Counsel - LSTA
Trevor Williams, Co founder of FXGuard, Chair of IEA Shadow Monetary Policy Committee & Economic Consultant - TW Research
UK and US loan markets: trends and insights
Chair : Clifton Prabhu, Director & Counsel, Head of Legal for Commercial Lending (Americas) - Credit Agricole
Lewis Grimm, Partner - Jones Day
Fiona Hagdrup, Senior Portfolio Manager - M&G Investments
Jeremy Selway, Head of European Leveraged Finance Capital Markets - Deutsche Bank
James Vanek, Portfolio Manager - Apollo Global Management LLC
Chair : Thomas Mellor, Partner - Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP
Eric Capp, Partner - Pemberton Capital Advisors LLP
David Golub, President - Golub Capital
ESG disclosure – can the loan market get what it needs?
Chair : Tess Virmani, Deputy General Counsel, Executive Vice President - LSTA
Tamara Cizeika , Senior Associate - Allen & Overy
Greg Brown, Partner - A&O
Sabrina Fox, Chief Executive
Officer - European Leveraged Finance Association
Sam Lukaitis, Director - Carlyle
Edit Agenda Area Right
Is disorder the new normal? Geopolitics and the loan market in 2022
Chair : David Chmiel, Managing Director - Global Torchlight
Developments in sustainable finance
Chair : Hannah Vanstone, Senior Associate Director – Legal - LMA
Sukhvir Basran, Counsel – Hogan Lovells
Jonathan Gardiner, Sustainable Finance - Bloomberg
Alice Jiang, Director – ESG Financing - Credit Suisse
Robert Lewis, Partner - Sidley Austin
The LIBOR wind-down: smooth sailing or bumps in the road?
Keith Taylor, Managing Director - LMA
Tess Virmani, Deputy General Counsel, Executive Vice President - LSTA
Laura Douglas, Senior Associate - Clifford Chance
Ken Rivlin, Partner - Allen & Overy
Amelia Slocombe, Managing Director & Head of Legal - LMA
Edit Sponsor Area
Edit Presentations Area
Edit FAQ Area
Covid Event Requirements
In partnership with our venue provider, we kindly ask that you:
- Do not attend the event if you or anyone in your household is suffering from Covid-19 related symptoms (including a high temperature, new and persistent cough, or ansomnia – however mild) or if anyone in your household is self-isolating.
- Wear a face mask on the ground floor reception of One Bishops Square when entering the building, but this can be removed when entering the event space on the lower ground floor.
- Make sure that you are aware of the current rules and requirements for entry into the UK, if you are travelling from abroad. It is your responsibility to check that you are able to comply with these before travelling/arrival.
- Make use of the sanitising stations available throughout the venue and respect others' need for space and their personal environment.
For further information on current government guidance in respect of Covid-19, please go to: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus